Is there a fear of Facebook in many public schools?
As I read school websites, as I often do for fun (I know. I’m a nerd ), I can’t help but notice many public schools do not have a Facebook page. I have been trying to figure out why that is.
Pro – School Site Facebook page
- Better communication with parents
- Better communication with students
- Better communication with teachers/staff
- Better communication with prospective students/parents
- Better communication with community
- Better control of school image
- Free publicity
- Ability to share great things taking place at school
- Instant feedback on school happenings
- Many of the teachers, students and parents are already members and use to the technology.
Con – School Site Facebook page
- Student Photo Release?
- Comment abuse?
- hmmm…I’m sure there must be more
I believe we should begin to showcase our acceptance of technology by modeling how to use it effectively and appropriately. There are so many pros to having a page, I hope we get over the fear and take the step forward.