Reading time 1-2 mins.
Want to develop effective readers?
- Start early. Preschool or Kindergarten is best.
- Teaches a maximum of 2 phonemic components at a time. More than this can cause confusion and make concepts harder to master.
- Teach students in small groups. This will allow you to hear each student’s answer.
- Ensure lessons are quick in pace, allowing students to maintain interest.
- Include daily lessons. This helps students gain mastery through ample practice.
- Keep lessons under 15 minutes. Any more time and you risk losing the attention of the students.
- Make lessons simple and fun.
- Connect lessons to reading and writing instruction.