Sometimes its simply hard to teach. Some students, even though we love them, can be irritating. Tapping on the table, talking across the room, getting out of their seat constantly are all actions that can drive you crazy. So, how can a teacher prevent irritating student behaviors?
- Give praise to everyone as frequently as possible.
- Use simple verbal reprimands, that are to the point, moderate in tone and private
- Review rules and procedures often.
- Discuss and write a group contract to be adopted by the classroom as acceptable rules and procedures.
- Use facial expressions to convey to the student that the misbehavior was not totally overlooked.
- Circulate around the room frequently, to avert potential behavior problem.